Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday’s Fave Five #126

fff winter button

It’s Friday and time to find blessings in the past week!  Thanks to Susanne for always posting this for us.

1. Warmer Days – I’ve always known, but it’s been validated this week that I really do love the warmer seasons much better than the cold! Really the cold doesn’t bother me as much as the ice and snow on the roads does.  I’m a big chicken baby when it comes to driving on the stuff, so I hibernate instead.  Smile

SONY DSC

However, Joe, our geriatric Golden Retriever, dearly LOVES the snow!  This goofball would go outside and just lay down in it and be happy as a clam.

2. Dark Chocolate Almond Milk – I am head over heals in love with this stuff!  It tastes so much like the thick chocolate milk that you buy in the stores and has so much going for it.  A one cup serving has 45% of your daily calcium needs and as we get older that becomes even more important for bone health.

Almond

3. Reading – Again this week I want to mention this because reading is truly my first love as far as hobbies go.  I love that I’m getting back to reading in the evenings, usually with a cup of hot tea next to me.  So relaxing.  (And only two more reviews to post and then I’m caught up and will slow down on them – thanks for your patience!)

I’ve also decided that I *need* a Kindle, but am waiting to see if there is a price drop before getting one.  While I do so love the feel – and smell – of a brand new book, I can also see the advantages of eBooks.  How nice to head out on a trip and have 5-10 books on the Kindle to choose from!  A person would never pack that many “real” books for a trip.

4. Safety – With all the ice and snow we’ve had the last two weeks I am so thankful that all of my family and friends have been safe.  So frightening to see all the wrecks on the news each day.

5. Food – Mom and I were talking about how strange it was to go to the grocery stores and see some empty shelves.  I suppose all the bad weather has kept the delivery trucks away, combined with the fact that when we were all finally able to get out and drive we descended on the stores like a herd of locusts!  We really are so spoiled with the availability of food in our country and really never have a problem.  This week has been quite the eye opener as to how fast that can change.  Thank you Lord for keeping us nourished, especially with food that we choose to eat!

14 comments:

Karen said...

Elizabeth, I've enjoyed reading through your blog! It's so welcoming and cheerful.

Joe looks like a sweetie:) My springer spaniel loves the snow and the cold. I worry when the temps get low that she doesn't know enough to come inside, so I've spent the last couple days being a "doorman," coaxing her in, only to let her out again!

We certainly are blessed to live in the land of plenty. It's good to be reminded now and again.

Have a good weekend!

Mama Hen said...

I could use some warmer weather. You have a new follower! Hopping by from the blog hop! I look forward to following your blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick when you can and say hi! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Look at Joe! I think he and Chipper would get along famously.

You and I share a love of books and a cup of tea, that's for sure.

I'm anxious to see what you think of the Anne Tatlock book. I love her writing.
Have a great week ahead!

Mary said...

Love to read...just not enough time! I'm hoping for a Kindle price drop too...or a Kindle birthday present at the end of next month! ;)
Dark chocolate almond milk: we love the almond milk; now I'm going to have to look for the dark chocolate!
thanks for visiting!

Hazel said...

Oh, dark chocolate almond milk, tea while reading - truly some of life's greatest pleasures! Your Joe's got such an adorable look with the snow around him. Glad you have warmer days as well.

Gattina said...

I don't like winter either and wished I could hibernate like some animals, lol !
There are not many ebooks in French so Kindles are not yet well known. When I asked for one in a specialized computer shop the guy looked at me if I was ET !

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Our geriatric Golden Retriever loves the snow, too - always has. She loves to go out and make snow angels in the fresh snow.

I'm the opposite when it comes to the winter weather. I love snow, but HATE the ice and the cold (got a good reason for the hate of the cold: Raynaud's). ;-)

Justabeachkat said...

Love your blog look...so sweet! I've got to try that milk. I never tried almond milk but you've got my interest up. I'm with you...I am definitely a warm weather girl.

Hugs,
Kat

Faith said...

We could sure use some warmer temps here in NYS that's for sure! Love your fff list.....especially can relate to the Reading :)

Willow said...

I don't like cold either; that's why I like where I do. I wish I could share and send you some warmer temperatures. We at Willow's Cottage are waiting for the price to drop on the Kindle, too.

Susanne said...

Your Joe does look happy out in the snow. Him and my Todd would get along great.

Reading is my passion too but I must admit, I have not yet been bitten with the Kindle bug.

Laura said...

Love your blog..Thanks for stopping by mine..We're on this journey..its hard at times but GOD is always so good. Reading it right now reminded me to stop and be thankful...

In him,

Laura

Cindy said...

I don't know I'm a little bit of a hibernator myself so Joe and I would only do short walks and run back in.
I love your blog, pink and brown is perfect together.
Reading is something I like to do, however I do have hobbies and so reading is for the evening time. If you do get a Kindle you will love it. I couldn't get one because of the price so I opted for Kobo instead and I love it. Oh, it is great for trips.
I was onto a chocolate rice milk for awhile, seems I move from one thing to another, it was good also.
It hasn't been often I have seen the store shelves empty, but being on an island when the trucks can't get across our bridge people seem to rush to the stores and buy up product, a couple of times I have see this.

Catherine said...

If i didn't have children, I might just stay in bed every time it snowed. I'd read books and watch movies and be perfectly happy. We had two days of nice weather this week, and it was good. A reminder of the beautiful days to come.