Monday, July 16, 2007

No Baby Yet!

No Baby Yet....three little words that say so much. And those three words are the words that must be said FIRST every time I answer the phone or make a call to a friend or relative. :) This little girl is already making such an impact on so many lives.

But soon. Very soon and I'll be a grandma. We've got the cameras and video camera batteries on the charger and are good to go. I feel like I must bring more than one camera JUST IN CASE the battery goes dead or something on my primary camera. I can't imagine being at the birth of my first grandchild sans camera. Just not going to happen!

My weekend was filled with fun - and Brooklyn was constantly on my mind! Friday night I went scrapbooking with friends and as usual had a ball. Didn't get much done, but did meet a couple of new ladies that seemed very nice.

Saturday morning I had to work, but only until 10:30. I left work at full speed and met some girlfriends for shopping, lunch and a movie. Lunch was an ever popular soup and salad event at Olive Garden. During lunch we had one of those moments in time that really should be in a movie somewhere. Olive Garden gives a small taste of wine, I'm sure hoping you'll love it and order more. It just so happened that one of the gals at lunch was going through a rough patch in her life and another friend very calmly and without any words or fanfare passed her wineglass over and poured it into the first glass. We each followed suit and it just honestly was so poignant and really such a "ya ya" moment. The silence was what got me I think. Had words been spoken it would've broken the beautiful spell of the moment. God is truly merciful to honor such friendships amongst women.

We tried to dash across the street to see the movie in the mall, but the incredible amount of traffic made a dash impossible. ;) We saw the movie Evening, which was really, really good and we agreed that not a one of our husbands would've enjoyed it. It was the type of movie to see with girlfriends and a fist full of tissues.

We wandered out through the mall a while, of course stopping at Starbucks for a frap. Pottery Barn had a plethora of items to drool over, Stride Rite and their Robeez shoes (I can thank Becky for introducing me to those!) and the baby department of a couple of department stores. And that's what I mean about Brooklyn being with us - I honestly think my friends are almost as excited as I am about this baby.

4 comments:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'll be praying for Brooklyn's safe arrival. I can't wait to see pictures of her.

Blessings for you, Booklyn, and all the family this week!

Anonymous said...

and the people say "WORD UP"

Enid said...

Hi Elizabeth...just know that Iam thinking and praying for your DIL and Brooklyn...for a safe delivery and birth!

Hugs
Enid

Anonymous said...

Okay Grandma it's time to update this blog with that beautiful baby girl pictures! LOL