Friday, July 06, 2007

Kwik-E-Mart Sighting!

I'll admit it - we love watching The Simpsons. I know full well that they aren't exactly politically correct...and that still doesn't stop me. I guess this is my dirty little secret.

So imagine the glee when we found out that the Dallas area has one of only twelve 7-11 stores in the nation that has remodeled into a Kwik-E-Mart!

We dashed over at lunch today, along with about 4,000 other people (only a slight exaggeration - the store was really crowded!).

We were slightly dismayed to see that they were out of Krusty-O's cereal.

But delighted to see the display of Buzz Cola - available in single cans or six-pack.

And no trip to Kwik-E-Mart is complete without a donut with pink frosting and sprinkles.

Of course we all got a Squishee to drink on the way back to work. I splurged and got the special PINK "collector" cup with Marge on the side.

The store was crowded enough that they had Security men stationed inside.

One of the employees had a name tag with Apu stitched on it.


All in all we had a silly fun time at lunch. And we're looking forward to the movie coming out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where did the store wind up being? I am cracking up and I don't even watch the Simpsons! Hubs and the kids would love to go check it out.

Manda said...

oh my goodness, i can't even wait for the movie. LOL :) i'm not a religious Simpsons watcher, but whenever it's on, I'll watch it, and i find it extremely hilarious. we went to see the new Die Hard movie, and saw the preview of it, and I CANNOT WAIT! :)