Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Breaking the Ice

Today is the day that I make myself update my blog. I've had this idea in my head that this blog entry should be very profound and heartfelt and I think I've almost scared myself away from updating!

Thing is, Brooklyn has totally changed our lives and thoughts. Describing the impact that this little eight pound being has had to where others can understand is quite an undertaking! Prior to her birth I would hear from other grandma acquaintances about how fabulous and different "grandma love" is and I am here to tell you that it's the honest truth. The best word I've found is to say that it's a peaceful love. When I hold this precious girl nothing else in the world matters. The world slows down and my entire focus is on this cuddly, sweet smelling, softly cooing baby. It is blessedly peaceful. Thank you Lord for the perfection of newborn babies.

Another big difference in grandma love and mama love is another view of peaceful love. A mama holds her newborn baby and has some worries about whether or not she'll be a good mama, can they afford the care of the baby, do we have enough diapers, etc. A grandma only has to hold that baby and love her. Truly there are few things that touch that peace. Thank you Lord for allowing me the experience of being a grandma.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll be posting pictures of Brooklyn on a routine basis. It's not from lack of photos I assure you! The day she was born we didn't get to see her until about 7:00 that night and by the time we left at 9:30 I had taken 183 pictures. :) But I have always hesitated to put people photos on my blog because of my fear of the internet. I'm certain I'll be talking about her from here on out, but not sure about the photos.

And now that I've broken the ice with this blog post I'm certain that it will be easy to update again. I do have some photos and other things to talk about, though really not very much. My life pretty much is centered on a sweet baby right now. :)

3 comments:

Enid said...

Elizabeth...I know where you are comming from...Love the love you are telling.
God bless you and you new stage in life..how precious!

Tasha said...

Awww, that totally made me cry. What a good grandma you are going to be (are?)!

Knitting Rose said...

AW Sweetie - isn't it wonderful!!! I am so glad you wrote this post. It is exactly how I feel about my grandbabies. It is the best thing in the world!!