Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tales From The Scales

I've been in this challenge now for five weeks - and I've lost 1 pound. Honestly though I'm not upset or down or anything over "only 1 pound". I know that there are still some things I could change to make it better. And I also know that I have adopted some MUCH healthier habits and that is really the most important thing. I've started back drinking my water, though I still have a little bit to go to get it to where it needs to be each day. And my walking is just amazing to me. I had joined the Runagogo challenge - walk 100 miles between April 1 and July 4 - and when I updated my miles last night I saw that I've walked 88.25 miles already! WOOHOO!!!! I've also stopped my breakfast drive-thru runs, which is another huge victory.

Really I think that it's gotta start dropping off soon. And if not, I do know that I'm healthier with the new habits.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! That is a LOT of walking!! Have you taken your measurements? I would bet that you are losing inches. I know you've probably heard it a million times- but muscle weighs more than fat. So that could be why you haven't seen a big drop. I bet in the near future you will start seeing the pounds come off!

Christine said...

Progress is not just measured in pounds but in habits formed. Good job!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll join in the challenge next week. We're never married too long to learn to love each other even better.

Blessings!

Denise said...

You go girl!! I love your attitude, you hang in there, you will be successful.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sounds like you have made lots of great healthy changes. That's the most important part, but the pounds gone will come soon! Hang in there!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

What a great attitude you have! Keep on trucking and the pounds will come off. Good luck this week!

Miss Knotty said...

Way to go on the weight loss! It's tough, but establishing good habits goes such a long way! :)

On Ravelry I'm listed as just Regina, so it may be easier to find me. I think I'll be able to find you, so I'll add you straightaway.

Have a great one!
Miss Knotty