Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Random Thoughts

In my continuing quest to find the perfect cupcake recipe for Brooklyn, who hasn't been born yet (!), these were the cupcakes I just took to work. They are Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcakes with Magnolia's Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. The funny thing about all this is trying to get honest opinions and critiques from people. We've all been so conditioned to saying nice things and when I asked the people at work what they really thought I kept getting "these are good" type of answers. I explained my quest for the perfect recipe and they just smile and say this would be it. It's a very good recipe and I'm sure to make it again, but I guess I just can't believe the first vanilla recipe I try would be The One!






I just finished reading this book and really loved it. It's a Christian novel and was filled with real people that had real thoughts and struggles. Kind of a chick lit without all the extra baggage that I don't need to be reading. :)





Speaking of cupcakes, when Mom, Gary and Michele were in town for the shower we went to Sprinkles Cupcakes to try them out. Very good and I have to admit that it was kind of fun to be eating the same sort of cupcakes as Ms. Hilton does in Beverly Hills - LOL! We don't like to leave Joe out of things, so I brought home a Doggie Cupcake as a treat for him. These are made with dog friendly ingredients and for a mere $2.50 (!) for a cupcake about an inch and a half wide I'm sure I won't do it very often. He was quite appreciative of it though!

This is a picture of "our" lake a week ago. At that time the lake measured four feet above normal and with all the rain we've had recently there's just no telling what it is now. To the right of the picture is the boat ramp we use and just in front of those trees is the road we travel to get there - currently under water. The ramp getting to the dock that is shown is under water the first eight feet. It's been many years since the lake has seen a water level like this. Seems especially strange when I think of the drought we've had the last few years.

No comments: