Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

Happy Birthday to Loni today! Since we work at the same company I decided to make some cupcakes to bring to work. And with a granddaughter on the way I've also been intrigued lately about all the cupcake excitement that is so popular right now (more on that later!). Now that it's just Keith and I there is a lot more time available and I don't have to rely on box mixes and canned frosting so much.

Off I went surfing for cupcake and frosting recipes. I found the perfect recipe for Loni - Pink Lemonade Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Icing! She orders Pink Lemonade everywhere we go now, so I knew it would be something she would enjoy.

I stopped at Joann's on the way home from work yesterday, armed with my 40% off coupon, and purchased a cupcake decorating kit. I still need some practice, but I think it looks a little more special than just slopping it on. Though apparently getting it to look really good is quite an art and will require practice! I ended up with frosting drops all over my shirt and when Keith got home from work and was petting Joe he found a frosting drop on his back! Hmmm.....

Lynne' stopped by to get more of her things and we chose the ugliest cupcake and split it - you know, in the interest of making sure they were good enough to take to work. LOVE these! It's a light, tart flavor that is perfect for summer. Keith had one when he got home and he enjoyed it as well. We'll be adding this recipe to the rotation now.

And hopefully Loni will like them as well! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the cupcakes! I have nearly half a batch in the freezer - they're the perfect go-to snack, even without frosting :)

Manda said...

they sound yummy! :) i'll have to make some!

Liz G. said...

YUM! Email me the leftovers!!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed your blog. I will definitely have to try those cupcakes.

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm my mouth is litterly watering, looking at the picture. Another lemonade recipe for me to try. I wonder if I can get it as tart as my pound cake I made. LOL!!!!! Maybe I will take the time to actually read the recipe before adding lemonade. Sounds and looks yummy. I bet she loved them!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these cupcakes look - and sound - ever so yummy! I'll definitely have to try them out too!

Christine said...

These look yummy!