Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Crafting Update

Well, the picture isn't great since I took it with my cell phone. But this is the card I made for Loni's birthday. It doesn't show well in the picture, but the cupcake is paper pieced with Stickles on the flame and icing (ribbon - Stampin Up; cupcake stamp - TAC; sentiment stamp - Close To My Heart)

I received my first order from Papertrey Ink in the mail today! The quality of the stamps looks to be awesome and I cannot wait to make cards with the set I got! I also got some new acrylic blocks and they were packaged in the cutest little organza bag - love the attention to detail.

My knitting over the weekend consisted of almost two squares for a group putting together afghans for wounded soldiers. I enjoyed doing this knitting as it really is a mindless, soothing knit and that is perfect for in car knitting or for knitting while watching a movie on tv (we watched Deja Vu with Denzel Washington Saturday night - loved it!). Unfortunately the need for this project will continue, so I'll probably always have these on the needles for when I want to do "knitting without thinking". I'm using Red Heart and the one on the needles right now is a variegated called Earth and Sky, a delightfully clever name for brown and blue yarn. ;)

Today's knitting mail brought me the Knit Picks catalog.

And I might as well add another hobby to this post - the class list from my favorite quilting shop came in my email today! I think on the way home tomorrow I'm going to stop in to see the samples for a few of the classes I'm interested in and then make my decision.

Wait for it......yes, we had quilting mail as well! I received The Keepsake Quilter catalog today! I absolutely adore looking through this catalog.

Crafter's A.D.D. leaves little time for boredom! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I second that. I just wish I could stay in the hobby long enough to complete something. LOL!!! I am thinking that is why I am really starting to like card making. I actually see a finished result from that. Can't wait to see your goodies. Takes some photos!!!