Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Moment In Time

Always a retriever, Joe nabbed the tissue box and brought it to us. Thus we felt reassured that he was keeping an eye on things.

My Beloved and I have been off work all week and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We've done some serious Christmas shopping, some leisurely walking around shopping and following these, some lazy napping. It's nice to be able to face all the holiday "to do" lists without the accompanying frenzied feeling.

We now have the tree decorated and the garland and lights up in the living room. The glow of the lights on the panelling is just such a warm feeling. Very late last night I sat in the living room with only the glow of the Christmas lights and was struck by how beautiful it was. I almost went to get the camera and take a picture, but then I realized that it wasn't really a photo of the lights that I wanted. What I truly desired was to totally capture that moment in time and place it in a very special place to be brought out any time I might need to feel comforted. The beauty of the twinkling lights and the peace in that room was so perfect.

I just sat for some time reflecting and praising. It was almost like time stopped and there really was nothing else I felt I must do right then other than what I was doing. Shortly thereafter the dog came in and sat at my feet and the cat came and sat on my lap, purring his contentment as well.

These are the stolen moments of time that make all the running around worthwhile. May we all have moments that are this special sprinkled throughout the craziness of our day to day lives.

While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. - Luke 2:6-7

No comments: