Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Table

For some reason I am in love with red and white this year and it has shown up on my Christmas table. We usually choose very deep greens and reds and have a floral centerpiece, but I was in Kohl's this year and saw these jolly placemats and just fell in love with them. Even better they were on sale! I gathered up an armload and walked around a bit and then discovered the candle with the same color and similar characters. I suppose it was fate at that point, so it came home with me as well.
One of the side benefits of this arrangement is that in the past I would see the table each morning with pieces of the floral centerpiece strewn about and bits of cat fur on the table. Meeko is so old and large and really I have only seen him on the table one time, but obviously he must be stealth cat and jumps up in the dark of the night. Apparently the candle centerpiece is very boring to kitties as I have seen no evidence of him on the table this year.
We do have our tree set up, but no decorations as of yet other than the lights that came on the tree. This year with Keith and Lynne' in school at night and me not being able to lift anything has really slowed down our decorating! I'm not worried though - we'll either get it done this weekend or this will be what we have this year. There really is more to Christmas than just decorations, though I will be disappointed if we don't get the rest of the stuff up.
And today is my first day of physical therapy - woohoo! I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited because it means that I am still healing and getting better. I have got to get these arms in shape before next summer because I'm looking forward to lots of grandbaby holding time! :)
Gratitudes
1. I'm now able to lift a cup of coffee with my left arm to get a drink!
2. I work with some really fun and silly ladies that make it enjoyable to get through the day.
3. A friend that shares her daily Bible reading schedule with me, which makes every day so blessed.
~ Elizabeth
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The Lord be exalted!" - Psalm 40:16

No comments: