Monday, December 11, 2006

Houston, We Have Knitting!

OK, not a lot of knitting, but it is something! Saturday morning after I saw Keith off to work I just wanted to do some handwork, so pulled out some needles and yarn and cast on for a scarf. There are only 18 stitches and 4 rows of garter stitch here, but it seemed like it took forever. And I do have to admit that after this was finished I took an hour nap - LOL!

But for that period of time I felt peace even more than shoulder soreness. While I adore my wonderful wooden Lantern Moon needles, sometimes it's just nice to use the aluminum needles and hear the rhythmic clacking. That sound is such a comforting sound and I was glad to hear it again, even if for a short time.

People that don't craft might think this all sounds silly - and maybe it is. But my hobbies bring such comfort and joy to me and it's good to see that maybe soon I'll be able to enjoy them again. Tonight I think I'm actually going to try - gasp! - cutting paper and making a card!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: