Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mother Daughter Bonding

Lynne' and I had such a good evening last night and it was kind of a blast from the past - with a twist. I have been lamenting my hair color for some time because the roots were getting to be a little much. And Lynne' has been wanting to play with hair color, so we went to the beauty supply store together last night to choose our weapons. Mine ended up being my old "real" hair color and she chose a very subtle, but bright (if that makes any sense!), red! She came out of her bathroom absolutely thrilled with it and I have to admit that it's very pretty, especially if you're 20. ;)

The twist is because it reminded me so much of when she was little and we played dress-up together. She always enjoyed being pampered and primped and obviously still does! I recently did a scrapbook layout of her 6th birthday party, which was a princess party. All the little girls came dressed up in their finery and sashayed around our house. Diana and I did their nails and makeup and they loved every minute of the primping. I made her a princess birthday cake (my version of the famous Barbie cake with the doll plopped in the middle) and everything was pink and lavender. She doesn't wear as much pink now, but she does still enjoy the pampering. And I enjoy no longer having gray hair!

Tried a new recipe for dinner last night that we loved - Honey Mustard Chicken. Served it with rice, peas and croissants and oh so good and oh so easy (the best kind of meal!). L took leftovers to work today for lunch. :)

Honey Mustard Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken gravy
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 to 3 teaspoons honey

In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Combine the gravy, mustard and honey; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.


~ Elizabeth

Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. - Proverbs 16:31

No comments: