Friday, June 16, 2006

Pot O' Flowers

Here's one pot full of the free geraniums from my work and there's another on the other side of the porch. We went to Lowe's last night to get pots and potting soil since I don't have a spot ready yet in the backyard for planting. As we were working on getting them potted Keith did point out that my free plants had cost us about $70. ;)

The swelling has gone down in my face today, so hopefully I won't look like an ogre all weekend. I almost didn't walk this morning with Joe since I did hurt myself yesterday, but realized that there really wasn't any reason NOT to walk, so off we went - and all went well. My brother told me yesterday that from now I have to wear a bicycle helmet and down vests for my walks, but I threw caution to the wind this morning and went without.

J&L came over last night with Keith's father's day present since the weekend will be busy. Really quite cool - they got him a picnic backpack! When we went to the Dallas Arboretum on Mother's Day we had mentioned that we would like to start taking picnics out there and just enjoying it, obviously when it's cooler again. This backpack has the dishes, utensils, blanket and a place to put a beverage bottle - great idea!

And their offer on the house was accepted, so looks like they will be homeowners soon! Very exciting and stressful time for them right now. I can't wait til they get in the house and can start their new lives there. :)

~ Elizabeth

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. - Proverbs 16:3

No comments: