Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Joyful Birds

Well the NBA season ended last night and Dallas did not end up on top. I can't say that I'm deeply saddened over the loss because I'm not a huge sports fan, but of course it's always fun for the home team to win. I sat with Keith last night while he watched the game, but I was knitting on lace and have to admit that I watched the knitting more than the game. At one point when something amazing happened in the game Keith was just incredulous that I could have missed it since I wasn't watching the screen. I serenely replied that how I enjoy the game was simply by being with him. He sputtered for a minute, then grinned and turned back to the game.

I've always been one that enjoys the beauty of birds and am particularly impressed when I see a cardinal or bluejay in flight. This must be a good year for cardinals as I've seen several flying in front of my truck lately. But this morning was the winner. While waiting at a traffic light this morning a stunningly beautiful bright green bird flew past the window and up into a nearby tree! I have no idea what kind of bird this was, but I'm hoping it wasn't somebody's pet that escaped. And it did give me great joy to see him in flight this morning. :)

~ Elizabeth
The most important part of vehicle maintenance is clean windows - so if you are broken down, you can still enjoy the beauty of the view. - Dan Eldon

No comments: