Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{WIP} Wednesday

Today’s projects are all about fabric!  It’s also a great opportunity for me to check my list for packing.  You see, this weekend I’ll be going on a retreat with friends and I’ll be sewing my little heart out.  Either that or I’ll be eating and talking… 

 

Progress!

SONY DSC

Apparently I really am one to take my time and savor the process.  I first showed the fabric for this American Girl Doll dress on August 31, then it sat for a while before taking a ride to a friend’s annual New Year Craft Day where I did actually cut out the pieces as shown above.  I adore the Hayden Dress pattern and it will be the first thing I work on this weekend.

 

 

SONY DSC

I mentioned the Bloggers Block of the Month on October 12 and I left the zippy bag in the photo to show that I really have cut some of the pieces out, but no sewing has been done.  I’m hoping to get a little further on this one over the weekend.

 

New Projects – Always New Projects…..

SONY DSC

This will be project #2 for my weekend, mostly because it should only take a few minutes to finish.  It will be a Valentine Tea Towel and I’ll be using this tutorial, which proves once again that Pinterest is more than just another pretty face to me.  :)

 

 

SONY DSC

And last, but never least, I’ve had this pattern and fabric for quite some time.  I plan to make the pajama bottoms for Brooklyn and am thinking a white t-shirt with moon and star applique.  Cute, no?  It will involve getting measurements, but I’m thinking that’s doable.

 

** I’m linking to Freshly Pieced for her WIP Wednesday Series.

3 comments:

SewSurprising said...

Would love to know how you find this pattern, as it looks like a really good pj pattern.

Tamara Hampton said...

I love the pajama bottoms! how cute!

Melanie - Author/Editor said...

Oh those fabrics are delightful!!