Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Working Puzzles Together

gp-surprise

Well look at me posting!  I tell you what – I didn’t think I was ever going to fully recover from all the holiday season goodness.  But here in a blink of an eye it’s going to be Valentine’s season tomorrow.  Where does the time go???  (And before I go on, does anybody else miss the goodhearted humor of Gomer Pyle?  What a lovable goofball!

 

SONY DSC

Here’s where some of our evenings are spent now – our kitchen table with a 1000 piece puzzle – what was I thinking?  I loved the sound of evenings doing a puzzle together, but I’m quickly discovering that I should have started with fewer pieces.

I don’t remember doing family puzzles growing up, but since I have one of the worst memories ever I called my mom to ask her.  She said no, we didn’t really do that.  So where I got this idea I don’t know.  But I’m so glad I did because Keith got to talking about some of his childhood stories while we sat and worked the puzzle.  Very good evenings, conversation with the one you love – priceless.

I will admit that we need to get moving on this so that we can scooch the puzzle to one end of the table and start eating again at the other end.  Right now there’s like 10 million pieces at the bottom of the picture that you can’t see.

 

SONY DSC

The colors in this upper corner remind me so much of a Monet painting and it makes me giggle every time I think of that.  I’m about as far from high brow as a person can be, so it’s not very often I have a “Monet Moment.”

Please don’t burst my bubble if you don’t agree with my assessment of the colors…….   LOL!

2 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

We've got a 1000 piece puzzle on our table. I've got a cold, so I'll probably take it easy today ... which will mean time spent working some more on that puzzle.

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Not sure if this posted, so I will post again. I was saying that Puzzles are one of Kelvins favorite things to do. I enjoy them also, but I can never find the pieces. He will have a whole section done before I can find a piece. It is a great way to pass the time.