Somehow with the busyness of life I haven’t done any Friday Fave posts for a very long time! I’ve decided to jump back in because I miss them and they do give me a brief recap on what’s going on in my life. I just spent a fun few minutes looking at past posts and remembering. Thankfully Susanne at Living To Tell The Story is still doing them!
1. New Calendar! I know I used this last year, but it’s just as wonderful this year. I love choosing calendars for us in all parts of my life. AND…. I just got an email that one of my favorite people has put a calendar in the mail to me and that is exciting!
For my desk again this year I’m using the monthly calendar by Trina Clark that you print at home. I *love* this!!! And right now it’s on sale for only a dollar!!!
2. Silver and Gold Friendships – I went to the annual New Year’s Day Crafting Event at a dear friend’s house and am struck anew, as I am most times I’m with friends, how important old and new friends are. Such a wonderful, fulfilling day and it was made even better as plans for future gatherings, trips, restaurants were made. Even if some don’t actually come to fruition that’s ok because the planning can be just as much fun – I’m a list girl through and through!!!
3. A New Dog??? – When a beloved pet passes away there can be some guilt at the thought of getting another one. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law have been talking with us and emailing us and honestly helping us to get our heads on straight through the entire process of losing Joe. We’re almost to the point of not tearing up when we speak of him (time really does heal) and have begun the process of deciding what we should do next. So many things to consider: puppy/adult; rescue or not; one or two dogs, etc. This is only step 1, but once we get these things ironed out we can be on the lookout for the right dog for us.
4. Getting Healthy – Part of the whole New Year changes we’re making is to eat better and move more. With that in mind we headed out and bought an elliptical machine. Keith got it all put together last night and did his time, then it was my turn. I kid you not, it was a true struggle to stay on for a total of 5 minutes!!! In telling a friend about it this morning I told her that I’m giving it plenty of room when walking in the room as it kind of scares me now. ;) She suggested I give it a name, specifically Thor, and I really kind of like that idea. Now when I fear it at least it will have a name! Fortunately it is recommended that you only use it 3 times a week so I don’t have to do it tonight…. <happy sigh>
5. Orchestra – I was so excited to hear that our daughter has joined the orchestra and choir at church! She played the viola all through school, but really once you are an adult there’s not as many opportunities to play. When she was talking to the choir director she discovered they are going to be using more of an orchestra at some of the services and Lynne’ instantly signed up! I was chatting with her a few minutes ago and she got her first music last night at church and will be doing some practicing prior to the first formal practice next Wednesday. I can’t wait to see her play again!