Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Happy New Year

January 1st has always been a favorite day of mine, which is kinda funny since we don’t usually do much for New Year’s Eve – a dichotomy I tell you!  There is just something about having the whole year in front of you – a blank slate ready to be filled with all kinds of wonderful days, events and moments!

For New Year’s Eve my brother and sister-in-law flew into town and we went with them, son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter out to eat, where amazingly we ran into our daughter and her roommates!  Even if you’ve never been to the DFW you must surely realize the odds are against just running into anybody as it’s a large city.

 

photo (8)

We went to Texas de Brazil for dinner and it’s the first time Keith and I had ever been there.  Our little granddaughter was seasoned pro since she’d been already – LOL!  This photo is my sister-in-law Michele and granddaughter Brooklyn…. and the remnants of the communal chocolate cake for dessert.  :)

After dinner we headed back to our house and chatted a bit, then everybody left for their own homes.  I tried my hardest to stay awake until midnight, but ended up drifting off on the sofa.  I did, however, wake up just seconds after midnight due to all the fireworks in the neighborhood going off!

Today I spent the day with friends at a 2nd Annual Craft Day at one friend’s house.  I was there for pretty much the entire day and evening and the only thing I accomplished – besides a lot of talking and some eating – was cutting out the fabric for an American Girl doll dress!  Never even plugged in the machine!  But oh what a grand time I had.

 

photo (9)

Crazy, but this is the only picture I took today!  One of the things she served was vegetables in a cup and they were fantastic.  It has dressing at the bottom, then all these vegies ready to go in a clear flower pot looking container.  A fabulous way to serve veggies and they were sensational!

On the drive home I kept thinking about how wonderful 2012 is looking to be.  And I wish the same for all of you.  Smile

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 1st day of the new year. January 1 has been my favorite day of the year for a long time too.