Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday’s Fave Five #174

fff winter button

I hate to be a cliché, but I sure am finding that the older I get the faster time seems to go by.  Case in point, wasn’t it just Friday and here it is again!  Time to share some blessings of the week – thanks again to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

1.  Great Wolf Lodge – Oh.My.Word.   We had the best time ever last weekend!  Still getting pictures edited, but expect a post soon.  Suffice to say that it is one of the best weekends we’ve ever had as a family and I highly recommend it.

2.  Common goals – Keith and I have decided it’s high time to start being healthy so that we can continue to enjoy the kids and granddaughter.  We’ve changed the way we eat and we’ve been exercising every single night.  It’s so nice to have a goal with the one you love.  :)

3. Sugar Free Jello – We have been eating quite a bit of this lately and it is so good!  You can also add the whipped cream in a can and it’s a very low calorie dessert that doesn’t seem like it.

4. Beautiful Weather – Believe it or not we hit 77 degrees today!  Now I love winter as much as the next person, but when you get a stunning day like this smack dab in the middle of January there’s really nothing you can do but celebrate.  Driving along today I had the windows open and singing praise songs and just praising God for this great gift.

5. 3 Day Craft Retreat! – I’m sure there will be a real post about this later, but I’m at a crafting retreat right now with girlfriends and laughing, talking, eating and having the time of my life.  I *adore* these ladies!!!

3 comments:

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

I've never been to a 3 day craft retreat, but it sounds lovely! Do share what you all made. Maybe that is something I can organize for some of my friends and me.

Congrats on being so diligent about exercising. Yes, it is good to have a common goal with someone you love. Sounds like your reasons for getting healthier will motivate on days when the weather is yucky. ;)

Have a good week.

Melanie - Author/Editor said...

77 degrees?? GOODNESS. I think our high all week was about 20 deg, lol. But then again, it's upstate NY.

Jello..what a great idea! My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier as well. Never thought of Jello.

Don't think I'd do well at a craft retreat. I'm terrible at crafts : (

Susanne said...

I can't even wrap my mind around 77* in January. Lucky you!

Good for you and your hubby getting healthy together. That makes it so much more motivating!