Thursday, October 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Our Sweet Dog

photo (4)

One week ago we found out that our beloved dog Joe had Lymphoma.  We weren’t given any sort of timeframe or anything and just knew we would love on him and make him happy.

One week later we had to make the hardest decision of our lives.  His health went down so rapidly it was hard to believe.  When we went to the vet he wasn’t even able to walk in, he had to be carried.

I have to tell you – this house is way to quiet and still now.  By habit you do so many things, then tears come to your eyes when you realize that whatever it was will never happen again.

We had eleven and a half years with him…..  and now we miss him terribly.

A few links to previous Joe stories and pictures:

Joe Loves the Lake

St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake Fail

The Halloween Experiment

Joe’s Birthday and New Hairstyle

Brooklyn and Joe at Christmas

Morning Routines

7 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh, I'm so, so sorry. We had to put our 11 y.o. Golden down a couple of months ago. No matter how many times we have to do this, it's still so very difficult. Praying that you find comfort in your memories of Joe.

Cheryl said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. They become such a big part of the family, these fur kids.
My prayers are with you guys.

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Oh Elizabeth, I am so,so sad for you guys. I know how much you loved Joe!!!! He was an amazing dog!!! Please know I have added you to my prayer box and send my love to you all!!!

Natalie Rush said...

So sorry for your loss! You will be in our prayers!

Mommy Bags said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard when a furry part of the family. I will keep you in my thoughts.

WinterBerry Glen said...

my heart goes out to you! Sorry to hear about Joe. It is weird how those normal everyday kinda things are what we miss the most when our furry friends are gone. Big hugs.

Renna said...

Oh, Elizabeth, my heart is breaking for your family. We've been through this a number of times (have had lots of dogs), and I know too well the pain you're experiencing. The only comfort I can offer is to assure you, it does get easier with time.

I've loved seeing the pics you've posted of Joe over the years. He looked like such a happy dog, and a perfect family pet. I'll pray for you comfort. (((hug)))