Friday, November 04, 2011

Turning 50!

Oh yes, I turned 50!  My first indication that I was going to be celebrating a milestone birthday was getting an “invitation” in the mail to join AARP.  They are sure Johnny On The Spot with that aren’t they???

And wouldn’t you know – we forgot the camera!  Fortunately all our phones have cameras, so we weren’t totally in the dark.

 

Birthday K&E

We celebrated in the manner I love more than anything – with my family!  I chose Cracker Barrel as the restaurant of choice and Keith came home with a balloon bouquet, which I loved!!!  We got a LOT of looks from other customers when we set up all the stuff at the table.

 

Birthday Tiara

This picture shows the tiara, lei and buttons that he also got for me.  The tiara says Birthday Queen and I love it!!!  He also brought pointed head birthday hats for everybody to wear – you can see little Brooklyn looking at me wearing hers.

This flower and awesome little vase was from my daughter – isn’t it unique?  I love it!

 

Birthday Group Photo

Our waiter took a group photo and even though it’s pretty out of focus I still love it.  So much love sitting at this table right here!

Having never celebrated a birthday at Cracker Barrel I didn’t realize what they would do, but I did get the birthday song from the wait staff (and Brooklyn loved that!).  Our waiter kept saying over and over that I was celebrating my 29th birthday and I kept correcting him and saying no, I’m 50 today.  I guess I’m not one of those that has to pretend about age – I’m happy about all my 50 years!!!

By the time we hit fifty, we have learned our hardest lessons. We have found out that only a few things are really important. We have learned to take life seriously, but never ourselves. - Marie Dressler

I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming... suddenly you find - at the age of 50, say - that a whole new life has opened before you. - Agatha Christie

50 years: here's a time when you have to separate yourself from what other people expect of you, and do what you love. Because if you find yourself 50 years old and you aren't doing what you love, then what's the point? - Jim Carrey

The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy birthday! If 60 is the new 40, then 50 must be the new 30! Enjoy!