Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Minky Monkey Pillowcase

SONY DSC

Isn’t this CUTE???  While looking through Pinterest I found a tutorial for a Minky Pillowcase and just knew I needed to make one for Brooklyn.  The tutorial is so well written and easy to follow.

I found the fabric at a local quilt shop and it was kind of funny because when the gal cut the fabric and then looked on the bolt to get the price she said “WOW!”  I felt the need to explain that I was making a pillowcase for my granddaughter and knew that in addition to having the fun of making it I would also have the fun of giving it to her. 

 

SONY DSC

This was some seriously cute fabric!  And there is nothing in the world as soft as minky.  I decided to make this pillowcase travel pillow size because that just seemed like the right size for a four year old.

 

SONY DSC

It took no time at all to sew this and I used the serger since I didn’t want all those little minky snippets to get all over the place when Brooklyn took it home.  Really I think the only reason it took as long as it did to sew it was that I kept stopping to stroke the soft fabric.  :)

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I gave it to her this weekend and she loved laying on the floor and playing with the toys.  She kept telling me how soft it was!

Since she likes this I might even see what other minky fabrics they have and make a second one for her.  Grandmas get to do stuff like that you know.  Smile

 

Linking to – Get Your Craft On, Take a Look Tuesday, Topsy Turvy Tuesday

1 comment:

Marie said...

ohhh that is adoooorable!! i looove monkeys!

you are so crafty!

big {HUGS}

@spreadingJOY