Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thank You Card – And Decorated Gift Cookies

SONY DSC

I found myself in need of a Thank You card recently and this is what I came up with, with the help of a friend.  It’s actually quite a bit different than what I normally do – not quite as girly or overtly pink (but I did sneak some in!).  Overall I’m very pleased with it though and it’s already in the mail!

Stampin Up supplies used:  Watercolor Trio stamp set, Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, all inks and cardstock

And now the reason for the thank you card!  Mother’s Day weekend of course was a wonderful time.  After church Keith, Brooklyn (granddaughter) and I went to brunch with my mom, his mom and dad, my brother and sister-in-law.  It’s so very special to me that both sides of our family get along so well and enjoy being together – a true blessing.

When we all got to the restaurant Michele, my sister-in-law, came inside carrying beautiful gift bags and gave one to me, my mom, mother-in-law and gave me one to take home to my daughter-in-law.

They were so cute!  She’d ordered some personalized cookies from a gal in town that does this from her home.  Each bag had a cookie with our name on it and the bag contained more mom cookies and a cute flower cookie.  Such a darling and thoughtful idea.

SONY DSC

I’ve thought about this quite a bit and have decided I’m going to try my hand at cookies like this.  I don’t hope to become as good as this professional was, but what I have learned is that it’s ok – the impact of this gift was great and I’m going to assume that others would like to receive it as well.

Don’t you just love when somebody out of the blue gives you a gift that you love so much that you want to do the same for somebody else?

SONY DSC

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What beautiful work!

I always marvel at how each work of art is as unique as the person!

So glad to have found your blog!

Have a blessed evening!

cinnamongirl93 said...

The card is awesome!

I would love to be able to decorate cookies like that. I bet I would have to practice a lot!!!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love your card. It is so pretty. I just bought the machine that embosses and cuts out designs, but for the life of me right now, I can't think of it's name. I am looking forward to using it in my card making. Your color choices on your card are so pretty. Love & blessings from NC!

Cindy said...

So pretty! I love making my own cards.