Friday, May 21, 2010

Brooklyn is a Finer Thing in My Life

Ahhh….Finer Things.  I love the idea of celebrating the Finer Things in life.  Even better is the fact that Finer Things are not the usual diamonds, fancy homes, etc.  The Finer Things in my life are the people, not the things.

I’d like to highlight one of the special people in my life – my granddaughter Brooklyn.  She’ll be 3 in a few short weeks and really is a joy to be around.

After going out to dinner the other night we went by the kids’ house to drop them off.  The instant we got out of the truck she spied the sprinkler in the neighbor’s yard and her eyes got big and her grin got bigger.

B Grinning at the Water copy

She would run close to the sprinkler, let a few drops hit her, then run back to us laughing.  What a delight – and a great reminder of when we were younger and would do the same thing.  She did manage to convince her grandpa to get close with her and her laughter rang out when she saw the drops of water on his jeans.

B Watering the Flowers copy

The close encounter with the sprinkler had her running to mommy to ask if she could water the plants.  Ah the things a two year must do – chores already!

B In The Garden copy

But with a grin like this there is no doubt at all in my mind that she enjoyed every minute of it!

My granddaughter Brooklyn is definitely one of the Finer things in my life.  :)

finer_things_friday

4 comments:

Debby said...

I love your stories about Brooklyn. I love telling stories about grandmunchkins. I'm so thankful the Lord put them in my life, and yours too. Keeps my heart young and my mind occupied with happier things.

valerie said...

Brooklyn is such a doll!
I will be a grandmother in Oct. & can't wait!
I hear it's just too much fun.

Teresa Marie said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for visiting and following my blog. :) Your granddaughter, Brooklyn, is beautiful. What fun! I can't wait. Hoping for a grandchild sometime in the near future. Speaking of the goldens, my Winnie is 8yo, and I love her to pieces too. Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog. I'm sure I'll spend many happy moments visiting here.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Brooklyn is so precious and I know you enjoy spending time with her. 3 is such a cute age. I taught 3 year olds for 16 years and am now a Nanny for a 3 year old boy. Love it!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures of Brooklyn. She is a cutie pie!!! Love & blessings from NC!