Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Most Creative Mom?

This is the funniest feeling post I think I’ve ever made to a blog.  My daughter-in-law told me to tell y’all that she demanded this post and I was still trying to decide whether to do it or not when I saw that the sneaky thing came in and left a comment with the link!   :)

Mother’s Day for me started on Sunday.  Lynne’ went to Scarborough Fair with some friends and when she came home I got an early gift – a darling crystal and silver angel holding a heart.  I’ll get a picture soon because it really is something I love.  She said when she saw it that it reminded her of me.  :)

Then today I had some lovely flowers on my desk at work from James and Loni!  It really is nice to look at your work computer screen, move your eyes just a tad and see these beautiful blooms and smell the sweet fragrance.

And then I went to my Facebook page and saw that Loni, my sweet daughter-in-law, had nominated me for Michael’s Most Creative Mom contest.  This is the part that feels funny to me and possibly because I’ve never been involved in anything like this before…if you are so inclined you can go to the link at Most Creative Mom and place a vote.  This link is inside of Facebook, so you must be a member there to vote.

But more important than the voting – go and read the sweet thoughts my daughter-in-law wrote.  Her words mean the world to me and winning or losing the contest does not matter – because I have the best family in the world.

5 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

That is so sweet of your daughter-in-law. Sounds like you have had a wonderful week for sure! Hope you win. Love & blessings from NC!

Renna said...

I understand your self-consciousness, but I assure you, your readers will be thrilled at the opportunity to vote for you! I'm off to do so now! :-)

Loni said...

Thank you Mom! Now is the time to do something for yourself. You deserve to win this for all the good things you do and people you help with your crafting. Thank you for posting this. :o) Love ya!

Loni said...

One more thing to ad. Each person has one vote per day so vote everyday. ;o)

cinnamongirl93 said...

How lovely for you DIL to honor you in this way! Blessings to you and yours.