Friday, April 02, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five #81

My word – ever have a time in your life that just seems like it’s going so fast you can hardly keep up?  That’s what the last few weeks has been like for me.  Not really bad, just oh so busy!  So thankful for the Friday Fave Five posts as I still get a chance to keep up – at least somewhat – with the blog.  A big THANK YOU to Susanne for coming up with this idea!

FFF spring

1. Holy Week – This week always has so much meaning to our Christian walk and this one paragraph will never convey exactly how much it means to me.  But one example – earlier this week my in-law’s were in town for a few minutes.  My mother-in-law brought along 2 nails that are believed to be the type that were used to nail Jesus to the cross.  Those nails have sat on our coffee table all week and most evenings you’ll find one of us holding a nail and turning it over in our hands.  That feeling and knowing the depth of love for us that led Christ to that cross was almost overwhelming.  When you hold that nail and realize what He went through – breathtaking.

2. Keith Turned 50! – And with all the running I haven’t done a post just on that yet….but I’m still planning on it.  The kids all came over last Sunday after church and spent the day with us, which I always love.  His birthday was actually Tuesday and his parents drove the three hour trip to take all of us out to dinner!  So fun and complete with balloons, a special “50” hat for him to wear, decorations for the house, a centerpiece for the table at the restaurant, etc.  It was just amazing to all be able to get together like that.

3. Keurig – I have wanted one of these coffeemakers for so very long and just couldn’t bring myself to spend the money on it since we have a very nice one already.  But we ran into an incredible deal – we found one at the Goodwill thrift store for $8!!!!  Brought it home, cleaned it up, ordered the one missing part and it is good as new.  I just placed an order at Big Cat Coffees based on some online friends’ recommendation and am eagerly awaiting an assortment pack with all kinds of new things to try.  We’ll still use the regular pot for our morning coffee, but this is nice for afternoons when you just want one cup instead of having to make a big pot and throw so much out.

4. Brooklyn – Granddaughters are so much fun!  We got to see her twice this week (and will again tomorrow – woohoo!!!) and I just enjoy that time so much.  She talks so well, is potty trained and is just so smart!  We’ve been downloading toddler apps to the iPhones and it amazes me to see how well she does with these.  I wonder if she takes after her grandmother????  ;)

5. Friends of friends – Last Saturday we ran up to the lake to do a little atv riding and then went to Keith’s brothers’ place for dinner and fun.  His brother and his wife are rv fanatics and travel all over the place.  Their travels many times include Nascar races and at those races they have become very good friends with a couple from Canada, also rv fans.  As luck would have it the Canadian couple was at the lake last Saturday and we finally got to meet them!  It really is so true that when you like somebody you’re likely to enjoy their friends too.  The six of us had such a good time together and it was like we’d known each other forever.  Unfortunate that they live so far away, but the bright side is that since they travel so much maybe we’ll be able to see them again.

9 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You have been very busy, but having lots of fun in the process. I bought a Keurig last year and we love it too. It is great for when you have company or if a friend pops in. Glad your husband had a great birthday. Happy Easter! Love & blessings from NC!

Susanne said...

Happy birthday to Keith!

You sound like you've been busy but it's been good. Hope you have a beautiful relaxing Easter with your family!

Lisa notes... said...

I love that your m-i-l brought you nails. How special is that! Such a great reminder of the uncontainable love He has for us. Happy Birthday to your Keith. My sister will turn 50 this year…we’ll have to pull out all the ‘50’ stuff, too. Glad you had such a great week. Have a blessed Easter!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to Keith! I'm glad you had a great celebration.

Like you, I've spent time this week contemplating the tremendous gift that Jesus gave to us. It can be overwhelming: I've got tears in my eyes right now as I'm thinking about it!

TXDidi said...

Congrats on the new Keurig. You got a really good deal. We love our Keurig here at our house. In fact, we wore the first one out. I'll have to check out the vendor that you are ordering from. We've just been ordering straight from Keurig. Have a wonderful Easter.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Wow, you found a Keurig at a thrift store? I never thought to look there -- what a great idea!

I agree, our words just cannot do justice to the depth of Holy Week.

Sounds like your week was full of family -- always a blessing.

Happy resurrection day!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to Kieth!

Congrats on the new coffee maker. I recently got a new one and it really is nice to have what you like.

LeAnn said...

I love when I find a great bargain, especially when it was something that I wanted but did not want to fork over the dough for. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Karyn said...

What a blessing, to find just what you wanted in a GoodWill store!

Pass along Birthday greetings to your hubby! Hope this next year is full of blessing and love for him.

Granddaughters (and sons) are the reward of having children. So much fun. Well, ONE of the rewards.


So glad you've had so much time with your family this week.

The nail on the coffee table sounds like it would really make the price Jesus paid be more real.

Where are your new Canadian friends from? (As in, where in Canada?)

Have a wonderful week and a meaningful Resurrection day!