My word – ever have a time in your life that just seems like it’s going so fast you can hardly keep up? That’s what the last few weeks has been like for me. Not really bad, just oh so busy! So thankful for the Friday Fave Five posts as I still get a chance to keep up – at least somewhat – with the blog. A big THANK YOU to Susanne for coming up with this idea!
1. Holy Week – This week always has so much meaning to our Christian walk and this one paragraph will never convey exactly how much it means to me. But one example – earlier this week my in-law’s were in town for a few minutes. My mother-in-law brought along 2 nails that are believed to be the type that were used to nail Jesus to the cross. Those nails have sat on our coffee table all week and most evenings you’ll find one of us holding a nail and turning it over in our hands. That feeling and knowing the depth of love for us that led Christ to that cross was almost overwhelming. When you hold that nail and realize what He went through – breathtaking.
2. Keith Turned 50! – And with all the running I haven’t done a post just on that yet….but I’m still planning on it. The kids all came over last Sunday after church and spent the day with us, which I always love. His birthday was actually Tuesday and his parents drove the three hour trip to take all of us out to dinner! So fun and complete with balloons, a special “50” hat for him to wear, decorations for the house, a centerpiece for the table at the restaurant, etc. It was just amazing to all be able to get together like that.
3. Keurig – I have wanted one of these coffeemakers for so very long and just couldn’t bring myself to spend the money on it since we have a very nice one already. But we ran into an incredible deal – we found one at the Goodwill thrift store for $8!!!! Brought it home, cleaned it up, ordered the one missing part and it is good as new. I just placed an order at Big Cat Coffees based on some online friends’ recommendation and am eagerly awaiting an assortment pack with all kinds of new things to try. We’ll still use the regular pot for our morning coffee, but this is nice for afternoons when you just want one cup instead of having to make a big pot and throw so much out.
4. Brooklyn – Granddaughters are so much fun! We got to see her twice this week (and will again tomorrow – woohoo!!!) and I just enjoy that time so much. She talks so well, is potty trained and is just so smart! We’ve been downloading toddler apps to the iPhones and it amazes me to see how well she does with these. I wonder if she takes after her grandmother???? ;)
5. Friends of friends – Last Saturday we ran up to the lake to do a little atv riding and then went to Keith’s brothers’ place for dinner and fun. His brother and his wife are rv fanatics and travel all over the place. Their travels many times include Nascar races and at those races they have become very good friends with a couple from Canada, also rv fans. As luck would have it the Canadian couple was at the lake last Saturday and we finally got to meet them! It really is so true that when you like somebody you’re likely to enjoy their friends too. The six of us had such a good time together and it was like we’d known each other forever. Unfortunate that they live so far away, but the bright side is that since they travel so much maybe we’ll be able to see them again.