I feel kind of like a kid bouncing up and down in my chair – it’s Friday’s Fave Five time! Roll your eyes if you will, but doing this post each week is such a positive affirmation. Susanne at Living To Tell The Story has links to all the blogs with these posts.
1. Springtime in Dallas – I have so thoroughly enjoyed our weather this last week. The birds singing, the perfect temperature, the gentle breeze – it really doesn’t get any better than this. We have spent much time sitting in the backyard and just enjoying listening to God whisper to us with the wind.
2. Baby Shower – Baby showers in the spring – almost cliché! Last Saturday after our garage sale fun we went to my cousin’s house for a baby shower for a different cousin’s daughter’s baby. It’s good to see everybody and of course little Miss B was somewhat the belle of the ball. She is so good and that’s no small feat for an almost 3 year old at a baby shower – you know it had to be boring for her. And the lunch that was served was so not for her age, though she filled up on blueberries from the fruit salad. :)
3. Fiber Fest – After the shower Lynne’ and I went to Fiber Fest in Dallas. This is either the 3rd or 4th year of it and I have to confess this was my first time to go. It was a blast! Several of my friends have key administration roles, so of course I got to see them, and I was thrilled to be able to see several other friends there too. And oh the fiber! Truly a feast for the eyes to go to the vendor booths. Really a feast for the fingers too as touching alpaca, silk and cashmere yarns (among many others) is amazing. Next year I am really hoping to be able to take some of the classes, too.
4. Food – Nothing like just laying it out there, eh? Springtime brings lighter foods and also the start of the spring/summer produce. We’ve already begun talking about a family field trip to a local blueberry farm to pick our own, which will be great to freeze and enjoy through next winter. And at the shower we had chicken salad and pasta salad, two great light foods.
5. Facebook – I *really* didn’t want to use this one again this week, but it kept coming up in my life! At the shower there were a couple of cousins and daughters of cousins that I rarely see. In fact, we laughed that we only get together for showers and Christmas. But with Facebook the entire dynamic has changed at the family gathering. Because we’re able to see what’s happening in everybody’s daily lives it doesn’t seem so stilted when we do get together. A true blessing indeed.