This is a week that Friday is most welcome. Not even that it’s been a bad week, just that I’m glad to wave goodbye and to look forward with pleasure to weekend plans! And a blog post that looks at the past week and finds the pearls. To see more posts, or to join in yourself, visit Susanne’s blog at Living To Tell The Story.
1. Greeting Cards – This week I’ve gotten a couple of greeting cards from family and friends in the mail. Again I say, there is really nothing like getting a card in the mail. You see it in the mailbox and smile, because the size, weight and usually a brightly colored envelope give away the fact that it’s a card. You see the return address and smile big thinking of the person that sent it to you. You walk inside anticipating opening it. You sit down, gently holding the card and still smiling, almost not wanting to open it so that the feeling will prolong. And then that moment when you open the card and read what the person wrote – ahhh….bliss.
Let us never forget the power of sending happiness through the mail.
2. Greeting Cards – Last Saturday I visited a friend’s house for the first time as she had a lunch and card workshop and we had the best time. We made 4 cards and a little Easter treat basket that are DARLING! I see that the sun is *finally* out today so I’ll get pictures taken and posted soon.
In the midst of everybody hurrying around it’s nice to slow down and take the time and linger over lunch together. We enjoyed each others’ company and nurtured our creative side all in one day. Happiness!
3. Greeting Cards - Seeing an unintended theme here? :D At last Saturday’s get together two of the ladies were talking about the greeting card ministry at their respective churches. Can you believe God’s timing – I got an email yesterday (to all the ladies at church) asking who would be interested in being a part of a new greeting card ministry at our church? I replied quicker than lightning and then grinned at how awesome God is.
4. The Weather – I am *so* loving this gorgeous spring weather. And the funny part is that last Saturday we had a snowstorm in the Dallas area and parts of the ‘burbs got 7-10 inches of snow! :O It was beautiful to see and on Sunday the temperature was warm enough that it all melted away. Then earlier this week we had our first spring storm, complete with thunder and hail. As long as they don’t get dangerous I do enjoy a good storm.
5. Babies – My word, another person I know is pregnant! So much joy to hear this and such affirmation from God that it is good. The downside, if you could call it that, is that people are getting pregnant faster than I can knit blankets!!! :)) Of course that also means I get to spend time looking at knitting patterns and picking out yarns and such and that is a GOOD THING!