Saturday, March 06, 2010

Slow Down – and Be Still

We went to the lake today, a fast trip to check on things.

003 copy

And as often happens when I am there, time slows down, and stress slides off my shoulders.  It’s at those moments that you really notice things around you – and are thankful for the experience.

The berries on this bush were noticed as we drove by, so I set out on a short walk with camera in hand.  The red was so vibrant and it made me smile.

We drove down to the shoreline to see how things looked after the winter months.  Rounding a corner on the curvy road I saw a site that took my breath away – 9 deer were coming across the road into the field across the way.  We startled them…and their eyes became alert, tails quivered and they took hurried steps away.  But not before we had stopped and watched them for those brief seconds.

My heart sang as I watched them – and I rejoiced in the experience.

“"Be still, and know that I am God;
       I will be exalted among the nations,
       I will be exalted in the earth."   Psalm 46:10

AMEN!

1 comment:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Don't you just love how God's beauty is all around us, if we only stop and look? At my Nanny job this week, we were playing outside and 5 deer were in the yard behind us eating grass. They were so beautiful!!! I loved watching them. Glad you had a great day at the lake. Love & blessings from NC!