Monday, October 26, 2009

Mummy Dogs

The theme for our potluck at last Friday night's scrapbook night was Halloween.  I had no idea what to bring, so figured I on bringing my Easy Apple Pie.  But then Friday morning while I did a little blog hopping I stumbled on the cutest thing - Mummy Dogs!


I could obviously use a little practice on my mummy wrapping, but I thought they turned out really cute.  They were a hit at the potluck, even though I forgot to put their little mustard eyes on when I got there.  If you do decide to make these for your crew I will warn you that it takes longer to wrap crescent roll bandages than what I counted on, so I got a little rushed towards the end.



Here's the layout that I finished that night.  You might recall our little mud "misadventure" here.  I guess my theory is that if you can't laugh at yourself, well you should!

And every single time I read the title on this layout there is a certain song that starts going through my mind.  I'm not so sure I think it's as cute as I first thought!   :)

4 comments:

Gabrielle Watson said...

What a cute page! I really love those alpha blocks and letters! Those little mummies were oh so yummy!

Heidi said...

The mummies are a cute idea and the mud picture is,um, it's muddy.

What kind of dog is that over there in your sidebar? Polar bear pup? So adorable.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

The mummy dogs looks delicious. Great idea, and I read your post on favorites, and I am not a chocoholic, but I can love some lindor truffles! The best. Hope you are having a great week. Jackie

grammy said...

Great page and mummy wraps. I think I should try the easy pie recipe since I am all about FAST.
Got my book in the mail. Thanks. Now I have ti find time to read (o: