Thursday, October 08, 2009

Harry Connick Jr. - Your Songs



I think I first fell in love with Harry (I can call him that because I adore him) when he was in the movie Hope Floats.  But it was the more recent movie P.S. I Love You that I really became a fan.  His mellow, easy going, romantic nature really shows through.

And I say all that to set the scene for his new CD, Your Songs.  These are songs that we know and love from other fabulous artists, but now with a Harry Connick, Jr. spin to them.  His crooning voice is wonderful for the perfectly chosen songs.  Listening to them will certainly bring to mind the romantic characters he plays in movies.


This is the list of songs and the original artists that you will find on this cd (I almost put album - does that date me?):

All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)


This is a great CD that any Harry Connick, Jr., fan is sure to love.

Disclosure:  I was sent a free copy of this CD in order to do a review on my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I LOVE Harry! I've been a fan for a very long time and agree with you on Hope Floats and PS I love YOu. I Even liked him as the psycho in Copy Cat. His voice is wonderful and I may have to check into this CD! Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.