Monday, June 09, 2008

Wii Had a Wii Bit of Fun!

My favorite daughter-in-law's birthday was Friday, so as is tradition in our family she got to choose how to celebrate. I kept hearing hints about Pink Lemonade Cupcakes, so of course I didn't want to let her down. I made the cupcakes and tested out my new little bitty Wilton heart pan with the rest of the batter.



Brooklyn enjoyed eating one of her mama's birthday cupcakes. Or rather eating the frosting off one of the cupcakes. And her grandpa was sitting right next to her during cupcake time and the two of them giggling together warms my heart every time.







But the main event for the day was a friendly family Wii tournament. I'm not positive what games they played (my focus was on a certain almost one year old), but I know they wore themselves out. And we had a bit of team play going on as shown in the picture. I can't say enough about how much we have enjoyed this game. Who knew?










And this is one of Brooklyn's absolute favorite things to do right now - grab your fingers and WALK! I had her sitting in my lap at one point and she wiggled her way to the floor, turned around and got my fingers and off she went again. She even got so brave as to only hold on with one hand...until she realized what she was doing! Then she teetered and tottered until Grandma had to grab hold of her again. It truly won't be long now and she'll be running all over the place. As it is, she's in the speed racer stage of crawling and can go FAST!

No comments: