Monday, June 16, 2008

The Little Tree That Could

Try as I might, I cannot get this image out of my mind. This picture was taken at the lake and I suppose it shows a great example of recycling. These tires are being used as a breakwater between a very large lake and the boat docks, slowing the waves down before they could get to the docks and do any damage.

Look at the center of the picture and see the little tree growing amongst the tires. That's the image I keep seeing in my mind's eye. And with it I see several stories....and it's at this point that my family groans... ;)

  • Bloom Where You Are Planted - We've all heard the saying and we all have examples. Whether your example refers to where your home is, who your friends are, where you work - it implies a certain easygoing nature. And looking at this little tree, growing where it honestly shouldn't be able to, brings it to mind.
  • He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. Luke 17:6 WOW - that is really quite powerful. Like so many others, there's several things going on in my life right now that are causing a bit of upheaval (and my first case ever of hives - joy!). And the one thing that I always try to do is to keep my eyes open to the many things that God puts before me and this is a perfect example. This tree has been "uprooted and planted in the sea" ... so to speak ... and is there for me to witness.

I know that I'm not a gifted or eloquent writer, but the Lord has truly put this little tree on my heart.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

3 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Excellant picture and message!!! Here is a rememdy to help with the hives. Hope you feel better soon.

Hives – Make a paste of equal parts apple cider vinegar and cornstarch and apply to the hives or rash to help calm the itching. This also works for jock itch and other rashes. For more info refer to this websie.

http://www.innvista.com/health/foods/fruits/appcider.htm

Sharon said...

This is a great post! It really stood out to me, because just yesterday I saw a tree growing in an odd place, and thought of taking a picture of it too. Thank you for sharing!

Sarah Taylor said...

I thought that was quite eloquent! Thank you for sharing such a strong message with all of us!
Sarah