Monday, July 18, 2011

Muffins on Monday–Blueberry Streusel Muffins

I was so excited to get a pint of blueberries on sale since I’ve been craving blueberry muffins.  Ran home, hit the internet to find a recipe and unfortunately most of the recipes I found contained something or another that I didn’t have.

Finally I found this recipe and got them right in the oven. They were really quite good, but I’ll confess that streusel wasn’t really what I had a taste for right then. However, Keith absolutely *loved* these and has since asked me to make them again.

So if streusel is what you’re wanting, these muffins are definitely a winner!

Blueberry Streusel Muffins

BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS

Originally from The Girl Who Ate Everything

2 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen

Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with paper liners.

Streusel topping - Mix sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon with a fork, set aside.

Muffins - In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk.

Add flour mixture and stir until just combined (do not overmix!). Gently fold in blueberries.

Use an ice cream scoop and put one level scoop in each muffin liner. Sprinkle with streusel topping.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.

Blueberry Streusel Muffins

 

** Linking to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays At The Table

No comments: