Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brooklyn’s Felt Bat Man Mask

There’s no secret that I love the internet. I love all the inspiration and ideas that can be found and sometimes, something will strike that I have to make right that minute.

That’s what happened with the Bat Mask – the minute I saw it I knew I had to make one for Brooklyn.  It didn’t even matter that she might or might not know who Batman is – the mask should be fun!

 

Batman Mask

Since the pattern was downloadable at Living With Punks I’m going to say it took 20-30 minutes total, start to finish, to make this mask.  The part that took the longest for me was finding my thread since my sewing area isn’t quite organized yet.  Winking smile

 

Batman Mask

She put it right on and thought it was rather grand.  The cutest part was that she insisted on cleaning her nose first (maybe that’s only super cute if you’re the grandma???)!

 

SONY DSC

I loved that she was this tickled … and that the mask was upside down!

 

 

Batman Mask

We did manage to get it on the right way so that we could get a picture.

And then she took it off and scampered off to play with her cars.  I had started out with visions of making several masks in different shapes as part of her birthday present, but she wasn’t really impressed so I don’t know.  But she did look quite darling and they are super fast to make, so I highly recommend this easy project!

 

** Linking to Sew Cute Tuesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, We Did It Wednesday, Look What I Made, Hoo’s Got Talent?, What I Made Wednesday, Inspired By You Wednesdays

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super fun! We got the download from 3punkmom.blogspot.com she has a ton of fun stuff there!

Anonymous said...

This is super fun! We got the download from 3punkmom.blogspot.com she has a ton of fun stuff there!

Anonymous said...

OH, how adorable! What a precious little doll and I can tell she's just thrilled with her new batman mask!
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Ticia said...

that looks so fun! I might have to give that a try soon.

Saving By The Sea said...

Following you from Over 40 GFC hop! Hope you'll follow us back :) www.savingbythesea.com