Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday–and Knitting Excitement!

First up I’ve been working on the 198 Yards of Heaven and am loving it!  Lace knitting never looks pretty until it’s blocked, so keep that in mind.  All I lack is the border and it will be finished.

SONY DSC

 

My focus knitting right now is the Mara Shawl by Madelinetosh.  I’m using Brooks Farm Mas Acero yarn and it is a dream to knit with. I cast this on because I needed some knitting that didn’t require much thought to work on during The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling this weekend!

SONY DSC

 

And I finished two quilt blocks at the retreat I went on recently. This is a block of the month from my favorite quilt shop and the theme this year is Civil War.

SONY DSC

 

On to my “knitting excitement” news, which I referenced above.  I’ll be flying out Thursday morning with my mom, headed to St. Louis for Spring Fling, a knitting retreat! It’s hosted each year by The Loopy Ewe and I’m so glad mom and I have the opportunity to go.

2 comments:

Debby said...

I hope you post all the details about your retreat! I love our Guild's knitting retreat every fall. This year I'm the chairman for the retreat so maybe I could get some fresh ideas from yours? Have a wonderful time!

Debby said...

I forgot to add I love the quilt blocks! And I look forward to the knitting all blocked. The yarn colors are beautiful.