Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Chatter – and a Book Winner!

First I want to announce the winner of my drawing for the book Double Trouble by Susan May Winner …. Susan at Baking With Susan!  And I do encourage everybody to visit her blog as she has some great recipes and reviews.  This is definitely a plus to having a drawing – I got to visit some great new to me blogs.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Tonight the family is sitting curled in front of the tv watching the US / Canada hockey game and my what a great game it is!  So fast paced and so happy to see these two teams play together.  We were somewhat disappointed at the announcers at the beginning of the game as they said that the US and Canada are “bitter rivals” and called this a “border rivalry”.  While we are indeed rivals, instead of bitter we see it as more of a “brotherly rival” in that if the US does not win we definitely want Canada to win. 

And as we watch, I’m busy working on three different knitting projects.  I have gotten so much knitting done lately, which is very satisfying.  Biggest reason for all the knitting is that I haven’t felt good all week, to the point that I’ve had to cancel plans on three different days this week.  So hard to do, but I knew that I needed the rest and I know it was the right thing to do.  I’m hoping for a better week coming up!

One last note, on the weather no less.  We woke up this morning to a good old-fashioned thunderstorm.  Honestly if you didn’t know better you would swear it was spring based on the thunder and lightning and the amount of rain coming down.  Stranger still, we have a very good chance of snow on Tuesday.  This is one of the most interesting winters in North Texas that we’ve seen in a very long time!

No comments: