Monday, February 22, 2010

Hat #2 for Red Andrews Dinner – Hurricane Hat

SONY DSC

The Hurricane Hat is such a great pattern to knit – easy and so satisfying to watch the purls spiraling around.  I followed the pattern exactly and if I were to knit it again I’d knit probably another inch before starting the decreases as I like a hat to cover the ears better.  I think this hat looks like more of a beanie to me, which is not a bad thing, but just not my preference.

SONY DSC                       

I used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn and even though it’s 100% Acrylic it is oh so soft.  This color is Dark Country Blue and the model is my beautiful daughter Lynne’.

This makes the second hat for my Red Andrews Dinner Hat Project.  I’ll link below to hat #1 in case you missed it.  :)

Hat #1 – Classic World War II Watch Cap

1 comment:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Love your knitted hat and also the first one that you made. I love to knit, so I printed those patterns to add to my collection. Love & blessings from NC!