Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TWD: Caramel Crunch Bars


This week Whitney of What's Left On The Table? chose the Caramel Crunch Bars for our TWD project (click on her blog name to get the recipe). These definitely got a thumbs up from both Keith and I. It's a butter (a LOT of butter!), brown sugar, etc. cookie base with a thin layer of chocolate and toffee bits on the top. Really what's not to like?


I'm rather glad they are as rich as what they are because that keeps our greedy little hands out of them a little more. We were more than satisfied after eating our one square.

And when I was in the kitchen cleaning up after our taste test Keith suggested I keep out two bars for us and take the rest to work with me tomorrow. I do believe he fears we'll eat every last morsel ourselves and we so do not need it!

Really - go up there and click the link to get this recipe. Sooo good.

6 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I had to hide mine so that I wouldn't eat them all.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous job! So glad that you loved them!

Pamela said...

My husband loved these, too and we shared with some friends. They were pretty darned good! Nice job.

Jennifer said...

I do the same thing and send the leftovers (when we have willpower) to work with my husband. (I'd take them to work myself but my office only has three people, all women, all wishing to watch our weight!)

Dee Light said...

Oh my goodness!! Those sound yummy.

Unknown said...

Excellent!