Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Beautiful Day

What an incredible day yesterday was! We were blessed with a high temperature of 71 in the Dallas area, which was just absolutely perfect. At lunch yesterday I sat in my truck knitting and had the windows down and the breeze coming through - I tell you it really doesn't get any better than that.

When I got home from work Keith had dinner waiting and after we ate and cleaned up the kitchen we took Joe to the park to play. Truly had a grand time. He put his nose up in the air and had a kick in his step. And yes, I even jogged a bit with him! Keith made me stop real quick though because he said I'm an accident waiting to happen. Ya think??? :)

And last night's knitting group at Starbucks was so much fun. Really a great group of ladies that I thoroughly enjoy. I was sitting next to Eunice last night, who is expecting her 18th grandbaby soon, and she was showing me some different baby yarns and what she liked best as far as baby afghans. Good information to know and I see a yarn store trip in my future! And Dawn was kind enough to help me out with my yarn barf mess. I was surprised by how late I stayed, which does show what a good time it was!

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

How would you like -20C temps instead of your 71F? I'll trade ya ;o)

Thanks for the compliment on the Lacy Trellis socks. They are very easy! Don't feel intimidated at all by them. I was kind of wary when I first started because the pattern looks like it might be hard, but really it isn't...just a few yo's and sl 1 psso 2...really easy. Can't wait to see your whenever you make them.