Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Socks and Showers

Sock #1 is still oh so close to being finished. The problem is that mess down at the bottom left of the picture - it is in tight, tiny knots. It takes me about 15 minutes to untangle enough yarn to knit a few rounds. I am just about ready to start the toe decrease - if I don't just throw the mess across the room first! But isn't the Vera yarn beautiful?
The only "knitting" time I had last night was doing this photo op. Partly because I have no idea what I'm doing with the new camera and partly because I spent a lot of time on the phone instead! :) It's all good....
I haven't mentioned yet that Saturday I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine who is expecting her first grandbaby! OK, technically the shower was for the mama, but I enjoyed watching my grandma-to-be friend. I happened to sit next to her and some of her friends that I'd never met before, but when they found out I was a grandma-to-be as well I started getting all kinds of wonderful advice! As the presents were being passed around the room these ladies were explaining to me how to use these newfangled gadgets. I am just in awe of all the new baby items! I'm not real sure how we managed to raise babies before this stuff was invented - LOL! So now I'm anticipating my own little grandbaby even more. :)
"More grandbabies are spoiled because mommy won't spank grandma than any other reason!" - Unknown

No comments: