Monday, February 19, 2007

It's Nascar Baby!

So exciting to have Nascar season back! I love Sunday afternoons with Keith and to have a season start off with the Daytona 500 just kind of sets the mood. The race was exciting, though both of our favorite drivers were involved in crashes, so that makes it a tad less fun. But the ending was so exciting and I'm looking forward to many more! And I'd been looking forward to making Potato Skins since I first saw them on this blog (scroll down to January 6, 07 entry). I'm happy to report that they came out wonderful and we didn't even eat half of them! Mmm....leftovers....

During the race I finally finished this sock and it fits! Always a heart stopper when pulling on the sock after knitting it. I do believe that this one silly sock was my least favorite knitting project ever and really could've even turned me away from knitting. The reason is that horrible wad in the picture. It took me at least twice as long to knit this sock as it should have because I kept having to stop and untangle. I have the second ball of yarn ready and waiting in a yarn clam and do hope it goes better. I'm still claiming this finish as a victory though!

No comments: