Friday, May 26, 2006

TGIF!

How 'bout this yarny goodness? I had a slight meltdown yesterday morning, so during my lunch hour I headed to Woolie Ewe for some R&R. I picked up some JaggerSpun Zephyr in the ruby and suede and had a hard time not petting it all afternoon at work! This is 50% silk and 50% wool and just feels fabulous. One of my online and crossed over to real life knitting groups is starting a KAL (Knit Along) on June 1 for a lace scarf that is simply gorgeous, so one of these colors is destined for that. And as I was on my way to the back of the store for new needles the store owner casually mentioned the new Destiny circs by Lantern Moon. Oh wow....*swoons* Love these needles and I know they will be so pleasurable to work with.

In other craft news - I went to Punch Club Tuesday night and we made Explosion Boxes. I, true to form, am not finished with mine yet, so no pictures. ;) But I do have cropping planned for part of tomorrow, so tonight I'll be packing my stuff and really need to make a couple of cards and get them in the mail.

Last night was another work in the yard night and I think we're almost finished cutting, chipping and shredding. Very tiring, but I think it's just looking so good out there. Once the clean up part is finished we'll hopefully put together some sort of master plan for the backyard so we'll know what to work on. One of my favorite times of the day is having my morning coffee and Bible reading in the backyard and feeling the breeze and listening to the birds sing. I can only imagine how much nicer it will be when the surroundings are even better.

Hard to believe that this is a holiday weekend as I think we'll be sticking around here rather than going out of town. Keith has to work some, so I've made plans each and every day with friends! I'm really looking forward to it and to getting some things done around the house as well.

~ Elizabeth

Having a special friend is a true blessing, and evidence that you, too, are special. - Lynne Gerard

No comments: