Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Fat Quarter Fabric Gift Bag

Sometimes it’s not so much what you’re giving somebody, but how you give it.  And sometimes how you give it is the entire reason for the gift!

I saw a tutorial for a fabric gift bag made from half a fat quarter and couldn’t wait to try it out.  My original plan was to make these bags for all the girls that went on a recent retreat, but unforeseen circumstances kind of paralyzed me as far as crafting went and I didn’t get them done.

I did manage to finish one of them though and as luck would have it a dear friend happens to adore halloween, so gift it I did!

 

SONY DSC

Too cute!  I’m not kidding when I say it took so little time that I swore I must’ve left out a step.  The only thing I will change from the tutorial when I make more is to use my serger on the inside of the bag.  Using that method will cut even more time off the total.

 

SONY DSC

This is what the bag looks like when it’s finished, before it’s stuffed and posed.  The ribbon is actually sewn into the seam, which means any time you use this bag it’s ready to go – no more looking for something to tie it with!

 

SONY DSC

And since I couldn’t possibly give her an empty gift bag I did some of the old standby “pretzels dipped in melted candy coating chips”, then topped with seasonal sprinkles.

 

** Linking to Fabric Tuesday, Get Your Craft On, Sew Cute Tuesday, Too Cute Tuesday, Handmade Tuesday

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

And I happen to know she loved it!