Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Woman Who Loves Life and Laughter

Honestly I wasn't even going to post about this event. But the thing is, when I started this blog it was kind of meant to document some of the exciting and meaningful events in my life. So even though there might be some kind folks out there that will roll their eyes when they read this, I'm going to have to take that chance.


This is the underside of the new 4-wheel drive fun machine we got this week.  Keith and I are on vacation and having a lot of fun just enjoying being together and that included picking up our new toy.  

And in fact, we picked it up yesterday and headed to the atv park to play with it.  What we were not totally aware of was just how easy this thing rolls over.  Now thankfully we had our seatbelts and such on, so when it went over, my side is on the sand, Keith was held aloft by his seatbelt, thus giving me the chance to get out. 

I had a little pain in my side, so we headed back to our truck so I could just sit still for a bit while Keith and his brother went out riding some more.  We got home and I still was kind of uncomfortable, so we did a little internet searching to see what we figured might have happened.

This morning I still hurt, so we headed to the doctor's office, where we discovered that I had broken some ribs.  Funny thing is that they do absolutely nothing for broken ribs any more, so I got a pain med prescription and was sent on my merry way.

It has been suggested to me that perhaps it's time for Keith and I to stop doing things like this and realize that we are getting older. But honestly, that's not us.  We truly love to live life to its fullest each and every minute of the day.  So much more fun than sitting around at home waiting and letting life pass us by.

The moral of the story is this - every person must make their own choices as to what they want to do.  We feel so blessed by our lives and being able to play together, especially celebrating me being in remission.  There are no guarantees in life and I do not want to sit around and just "be safe" without living life.  What a terrible thing to have as part of my final "sermon" - She was a very safe woman.  No thank you.  I much prefer She was a woman who loved to live life and laugh all the way.

I hope that all that read this are encouraged to have fun in life.  We never know how long that life might be, so we might as well enjoy every minute we have.  And when the good Lord comes to take us home we will leave this earth with a big smile on our face and arms open wide to receive Him.

AMEN!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear of your injury and sending you a prayer for speedy recovery.

Would like to see a pic of your new toy right side up. Your going to enjoy it I'm sure.

And you're right, can't sit at home in a bubble. An airplane may hit the house and you have had no fun.

Besafe ...Have Fun!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I am a cancer survivor too. I didn't know if you knew that or not. It has been 6 years for me. I too, believe in living life to the fullest. I pack as much into each day as I can. I LOVE life and just the simplest things bring so much joy to my life! Friends and family are very important to me and I cherish each and every day that God has blessed me with. So sorry to hear about your broken ribs. Ouch!! I know that hurt. Enjoy your time with your hubby, but be careful. Love & blessings from NC!