What a beautiful week - and already time to reflect on some of the beauty of that week. To be uplifted by positive posts, see more at Living to Tell The Story.
1. My birthday was Tuesday! And while I won't show a total gift list, there are two things I do want to share.
First is this bracelet that my daughter got for me. Besides the fact that the colors and style are fun and me, she found it online at a great site, Hope For Women . To quote from their site - Hope for Women offers handcrafted Fair Trade, eco-friendly products made by economically disadvantaged women worldwide.
Lynne' knows her mother well - these are things that are becoming more and more important to me. I'll be wearing this great bracelet when Keith and I go out tonight and I imagine that every time I look at it I will think of my daughter's giving spirit.
2. Now how fun is this gift from my son and daughter-in-law? Back in May a bunch of our family met at my brother-in-law's house for the weekend. One of the highlights was spending a day at First Monday Trade Days for some great antique, craft and junk shopping. Honestly I don't know if there is anything quite like it anywhere and I suppose if there is it would probably involve quite a drive for us.
ANYWAY... one of the things I was keeping my eye out for was a turquoise rotary dial phone. We only saw one the entire day and it was pricey and filthy, so of course I passed.
Apparently though there were some little eyes watching me and remembering, because she managed to somehow find one! My long range plan for an extra bedroom is to do it in a somewhat cottage like theme. I haven't decided whether I want all white furniture or to go more traditional with antique brown furniture. Regardless, I love this phone.
It doesn't ring and Keith says it's probably because we have a fiber optic phone system in the house and it won't drive the little bell. Disappointing, but the bright side is that ring won't wake me up as it sits on my nightstand! The grand thing is that it does work, including the dialing. I had heard that some phone systems no longer support pulse dial, so it was a fun surprise to be able to call my kids to thank them. And there really are few things in life as satisfying as listening to the sound of a rotary dial phone. :)
3. Dinner out with the family. Our birthday tradition is to eat out and of course whoever is celebrating the birthday gets to choose. We went to Fuddruckers for my dinner as I do love hamburgers. Even better, they now have "exotic" burgers and I was able to indulge in a buffalo burger. Bliss! They taste fantastic and are so much better for you.
4. Brooklyn! Keith and I went to her daycare to get her for the dinner out. When we went inside her class was coming in from the playground, all in a line. She was chatting and laughing, then looked up and saw me, put her arms out and ran to me! That moment of joy is beyond description. The ladies there laughed and said there is no denying that she knew me.
I don't have any pictures from that night, but I do have some video. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to get it out of my phone yet, but it will surely be featured here as soon as I figure it out!
5. Finalizing our Thanksgiving plans. We are *this close* to having some actual firm plans for this year. Truly we are blessed to be able to have options to choose from. I do so adore my family.