Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thoughts on BSF Intro Class

I don't have any deep pearls of wisdom from my BSF intro class to share with you. And in fact, I haven't even been assigned to a discussion group yet so I can't tell you how much I love the ladies in my group yet. But I know I will.

What I did come away with Monday night was a deep sense of warmth. I can't tell you the last time I felt this way in a group of around 300 of my closest friends. ;)

One of the sweetest moments came with the first hymn we sang. Bible Study Fellowship is inter-denominational and it was illustrated perfectly with the first song, The Church's One Foundation. Oh what a breathtaking sound to hear all these ladies lifting their voices to the Lord. We sang and during this song the lady next to me reached over and patted my hand. Father, you have led me to the perfect place.

When the ladies all went to their discussion groups those of us that were new sat in on an introductory talk and filled out our registration forms. Now we wait for our group and to begin the study. Can I just say again that I can't wait?!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy for you that you have this perfect outlet. Three cheers for God's provision!

Debby said...

Sounds wonderful. Several ladies in our church took the BSF course and I was always a little envious. I was working at the time and evenings were full with kids activities. I'm grateful for a wonderful lady in our church who leads a Bible study on Monday evenings that I attend. And she was so sensitive to me right now and just taught without expecting me to participate. Loved how the Lord led her. So glad you get to attend. Keep posting on how it's going! I may yet look for a BSF in our area.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing about your first group night.