Be sure to stop by Susanne's blog to read more Friday's Fave Faves. And here's a few of my favorite things from the past week:
1. I got my truck back! But the reason I'm mentioning it here isn't because of the obvious, it's because I've learned some huge life lessons in this last week. I'm still figuring it all out in my head so I can do an entire post, but I'm learning through some very dear friends how to live beyond my fear. God is bigger than any creepy boys and the life lessons I've gained through this experience have been huge.
2. Dinner at home - Because of the truck theft and how much money it has cost us we've decided to buckle down again and stop eating out as much. And what we're finding out is that we actually really do prefer eating at home. After dinner each night the three of us get the kitchen cleaned up (many hands make light work), all the while chatting and enjoying the company and togetherness. A beautiful blessing indeed.
3. Bible study options - Tuesday was the last night of my Bible study and while I will miss that study it's exciting to choose what comes next. I've narrowed my choices down to either the Beth Moore Esther study or BSF (if you have an opinion please feel free to share!). I posed this question on Twitter and Facebook (oh how I love social networking!) and have gotten just as many good comments about each of them. Right now I'm leaning more towards BSF as this year's study is John and I'd love to really get into the book and learn more. But no decision yet.
4. Granddaughter Brooklyn! - I know you're all surprised to see that... I talked to Loni last night and B was just crying and crying in the background. Loni asked her if she wanted to talk to mawmaw and thankfully she did. After we 'chatted' Loni got back on the phone and we finished our conversation. Before we hung up I wanted to say good night to Brooklyn. She got on the phone and still had a teary voice, but managed to say 'Night night mawmaw'. About the sweetest thing I've heard in a month of Sundays!
5. Snickers Chocolate Covered Apple - I KNOW! Can you believe how incredible that sounds? And believe it or not, it tastes even better. The sister-in-law of a friend owns a Rocky Mountain franchise and she keeps bringing these apples. I tell you it truly is one of the best things I have ever eaten - who knew? And I love convincing myself it's healthy since there's an apple under there somewhere. ;)