Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

28 years ago a young girl and a young man were married in a little bitty church in a little bitty town in New Mexico.
Today that couple is blissfully happy, with two grown children, a daughter-in-law, a precious granddaughter, a golden retriever and a cat.
We're going out to eat tonight, though we're not sure where yet. And when we were talking this morning about the fact that we've been married for 28 years we realized that saying that makes us sound pretty old! :)
I've always said that laughter is what makes a great relationship. The two of us are able to laugh a LOT about just about everything. Last night we took the dog for a walk and I was trying to tell Keith an absolutely fascinating story about something that had happened at work that day - ;) - and he got to teasing me and I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my cheeks. Yep, a joyful heart and goofy husband is a blessing indeed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Have a great night.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! :)

Beanie said...

Happy "Anniversary" to you both!!! and hope you have many, many more...

Natalie Rush said...

Congrats!! That is so wonderful!! You've been married longer than I've been alive but only by a month and 11 days. :) I hope you too have a great night!!

Karen said...

Congrats!! I'm looking at 7 years this year - my how time flies - can't believe we have put up with each that long ;)

Jimmie said...

Your happiness is so genuine and makes me smile. Thank you for being there and sharing these moments. Happy Anniversary a few days late. Jimmie

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! Where do the years go? For us it's been 33 years. We went out together this past weekend down to Atlanta. Our son had left the soundtrack to Remember the Titans in the car so we cranked it up and sang along. And then we got to laughing about some things - nothing much has changed except our physical bodies and that we knew each other better than we did back then. God has truly blessed as - as it appears He has y'all.

Lillium/approachingglory