Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Meandering Thoughts

Those that know me well know my love for garage sales, flea markets, antique shops, etc. I was thrilled to discover that my daughter-in-law enjoys the same thing! And now what makes it even better is this little grandbaby. When I got there this weekend Brooklyn was asleep and of course grandma volunteered to go get her up. I went in her room and took pictures first, then softly called her name. She did those amazing baby stretches where they stretch and kind of roll and scrunch up their face. Then she finally opened her eyes, saw me and just got a smile that lit up her entire face! The grandma in me wants to believe that the smile was just for me, but really this little ray of sunshine is just such a happy baby I know she would be smiling to see any happy face over her. I told her she reminds me so much of her Aunt Lynne' when she was a baby. :)

We were riding around with her in the back seat and she started making the funniest little sounds, then would just grin real big. I think she's definitely figuring out her sounds and it really is cracking her up.

We had another older gentleman try to get her this weekend. He was walking out of a garage sale with his wife, saw me sitting on the driveway talking to Brooklyn and he said "That's what I've been looking for all day - how much for the baby?" I told him that being the grandma I just couldn't let this one go and he just chuckled and walked on. His wife turned to me and said "Being a grandma, I know just what you mean" and with a smile she joined her husband. Too cute!
--<>--
I haven't mentioned Weight Watchers in a while, but it's time. Weigh in last Friday showed a 1.8 pound loss, for a total so far of 10.8 pounds! AND...Monday night I started an exercise class, can you believe it? A girl I work with is working to get her personal trainer certification, so she started a class after work. She thinks nothing of doing a 12 mile run before work, so I will admit to being a little worried. But Monday's class went very well and I'm so impressed with myself - LOL! And truthfully it's one of the most fun things I've done in a long time. As usual, laughter is what I do. Another girl and I got tickled part way through the class and just laughed and laughed. And then the instructor separated us. ~ sigh ~ I guess she expected us to be a little more serious about it. ;) We do it again tonight and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Back to the 10.8 pounds - while at Walmart this weekend Keith and I were actually in the exercise department to get some 5 pounds weights for this class. He picked up two of them, smiled real big and handed them to me, while pointing out that this is about how much weight I've lost. WOW! Big incentive to continue because they were heavy!
--<>--
I finally this week started up with the cupcakes to work again (seems silly to post this after my WW post!). These are peanut butter cupcakes with a Reese's peanut butter cup in the middle. The recipe was one that some of the people at work found online and asked me to make for them (ironically, my personal trainer instructor was the one that asked!). I thought the flavor was very good, but they were a little bit dry. But the lack of frosting on them would make them very easy to transport somewhere.

2 comments:

Sugar Britches Knits! said...

OH! That sweet lil pink baby belly is just the cutest thing EVER!!

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on the weight loss! How sweet of Keith to show you in weight how much you've shed so far. :^)
And thanks for the Brooklyn fix, she is so adorable!